ADA — Ada was hit by both flooding and fire in two successive days this week.

On the north end of town, near the intersection of N. Johnson and North St. (by the Marathon Station) there was a significant water main break on Monday, causing some 122 residences in the area to be under a boil advisory until mid-morning on Tuesday.

Village Administrator Jamie Hall said the flooding was caused by a “radial crack” (10-inch break) in the pipe there at 11 a.m. Monday, and crews worked until late that night to fix it.

Meanwhile, on Tuesday, on the other end of town near the Dollar General, an apparently almost ‘perfect (electrical) storm’ may have occurred.

A semi-truck clipped a high tension electrical wire, causing an “arcing” electrical pole to come down on a house at 4223 State Route 235.

According to supposition from Ada Fire Chief Jay Epley (although all the investigative data isn’t in yet), there is a possibility an overflow of electricity entered the home “looking for a ground.” This, in turn, may have overheated plugged in appliances, and such, causing several fires in different locations in the home.

However the fire was extinguished quickly, with multiple Fire Departments responding. And the chief added that there was only minor structural damage.